Darwen Primary Poster Competition As part of their effort to promote health and safety Eric Wright Construction have been working with Avondale Primary School and challenging them to design site safety posters. Young people at Avondale Primary School have been putting their artistic talents to good use by entering a competition to create health and…
Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council is investing £1.5million in creating a fantastic new public space in the heart of Darwen: Darwen Market Square.
Through consultation, the square has been designed for large scale events, socialising, relaxing, reflection and potentially even retail, with the people who live and work in Darwen as well its many visitors in mind. A key focus has been on creating a balance between a future looking, contemporary, fit for purpose space whilst observing and preserving the attractive natural and historical features within and around the site.
Once complete you can expect to see;
- A large open space to cater for community and large scale events
- A green garden area to meet with friends, for children to play or enjoy the sunshine whilst eating your lunch
- Seating areas where you can relax whilst appreciating the high quality craftsmanship of the artwork within the site
- The potential for a retail offer
- Stunning views from Railway Road across Darwen to the its green surroundings
Darwen Market Square development began at the end of May 2018. During the works there will inevitably be some disruption, this will be kept to a minimum and information will be published on this website to keep people informed.