Shopping locally is a simple thing you can do to support your local economy and community throughout the challenging times were are facing. It’s always important to shop small, but now more than ever, local independent businesses in Darwen need your support. The #shopdarwen scheme is ongoing, and there are numerous ways you can enter the monthly prize draw during lockdown… it’s a win-win situation all round: spend £5 or more at a Shop Darwen participant to receive an entry form for a chance to win £50 worth of Shop Darwen vouchers, and support a local business in the process! That’s shopping you can really feel good about.
How to shop with #shopdarwen businesses
Darwen Market is open for essential shopping, and so stalls classed as essential are open to the public as normal. Several other stalls are open for takeaway, click & collect and delivery. Head to the market homepage for more details on how to shop with Darwen Market traders during lockdown, and visit the Shop Darwen homepage to see which stalls are part of the scheme.
We’re pleased to say that the vast majority of other participants are also trading, many via social media and local delivery services:
- Corkee: Home fragrances, bath products and gifts – shop via the website, free local delivery available
- By Erin: Gift shop and stockists of Frenchic furniture paint – shop via the Facebook page
- Scootlife: Scooter sales, repairs, parts, service and clothing – the shop is open to the public with restrictions in place, please ring 01254 447946 prior to visiting
- My Vintage: An eclectic shop selling unique and vintage clothing, jewellery, shoes, accessories, homeware and gifts – shop via the website
- Darwen Furniture & Gifts: Bespoke furniture and gifts including mirrors, candles, art, lamps and more – shop via the Facebook page and via the website
- Dolly’s Tearoom & Restaurant: Tearoom & restaurant serving brunch, lunch, afternoon teas, Saturday evening dining and Sunday lunch – open for takeaway and delivery, call 01254 772033 to order
- Earth Evolution: Eco refill shop on a mission to reduce waste selling a huge range of dried foods, beauty and home essentials – the shop is open with restrictions in place (from Saturday 14th November), local delivery service and click & collect also available, call 01254 761171
- Belgrave Bootique: Ladies clothing, footwear, bags, scarves, fascinators and accessories at affordable prices – shop via the Facebook page, free local delivery available
- SoyAmazinScentz: Darwen company manufacturing and selling vegan friendly and cruelty free products including wax melts, candles, room spray, scent n vac and more – shop via the website
How to post your entry forms
As Darwen Market is open throughout lockdown, you’ll be able to post your entries as normal in the post box, which is now located opposite the Tease Your Tastebuds stall. If you are unable to get to Darwen Market at the moment, ask the Shop Darwen participant you have shopped with if they are able to post entries on your behalf, or alternatively, fill out you form in full (make sure you include the date), and send a photo to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have more than one entry form, please send a separate email and separate photo for each one. Please make sure you read all the details on the form fully before ticking the yes or no boxes – we received lots of entry forms last month that ticked “no” when asked if they could be contacted if they win the prize draw!
Get in touch
Stay safe and keep supporting Shop Darwen businesses – #bekind #beprepared #besafe #shoplocal