Non-essential retail is back! Darwen shops are now able to open their doors and welcome customers both new and old. Now is an important time to support your local independent businesses – businesses that make Darwen unique and a great place to shop.
We caught up with our fantastic #shopdarwen participants to see what their plans for reopening are, and compile some handy information for customers.
– Darwen Market
The majority of traders at Darwen Market are now back, including personal care services. Deli Carlo and Sweet Vintage are now able to provide outdoor seating, too. The new market opening hours are 8:30am – 5pm on Mon, Weds, Thurs and Fri, and 8am – 4pm on Saturdays. Opening hours of individual traders may vary, please get in touch with traders directly to check – contact details can be found via this page, or send a message on Facebook. Many traders continue to offer delivery and collection services. Follow on Facebook to keep up-to-date.
– Dolly’s Tearoom is remaining open for takeaway Thursday to Sunday, but will not be open for diners until May.
– By Erin reopened today with lots of lovely new stock They also have new opening hours:
Mon, Weds, Fri & Sat: 10am – 4:30pm
Tues: 9:30am – 3pm
Thurs: 9:30am – 5:30pm
Sun: 11am – 4:30pm
– Erin’s Place Craft Studio plans to reopen in May.
– Earth Evolution are classed as essential and so have been open as normal throughout lockdown, their opening hours continue to be:
Tues: 11am – 4pm
Thurs: 11am – 4pm
Fri: 11am – 4pm
Sat: 10am – 4pm
Sun: 11am – 2pm
– My Vintage are back open with a great range of unique items. Their new opening hours are:
Mon: 10am – 4pm
Weds: 10am – 6pm
Fri: 10am – 4pm
Saturday: 10am – 2pm
(Closed on Tues, Thurs & Sun.)
– The Brookside Hair Beauty and Wellbeing Centre are now back open, you can book an appointment by calling 01254 706161.
– Age UK Blackburn with Darwen on Market Street reopened on Monday. They will be taking donations 10am-11am and 4pm – 5pm.
– SoyAmazinScentz are also back open, follow them on Facebook for more info.
– Direct Tiles LTD have been open throughout lockdown and are still open as normal.
A full list of Shop Darwen participants can be found here.
Please remember to ask for a Shop Darwen entry form if you spend £5 or over. You can post your completed entry form in the Shop Darwen postbox in Darwen Market Annexe near Woods Fruit & Veg, or send them via email. Simply take a photo of your completed forms and send them to email@example.com – please send one email per entry form.
Customers still need to wear face coverings (unless exempt), and please keep following all guidelines and staying safe.
Let’s keep supporting local independent businesses and #shoppingDarwen!